Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Why I miss Airtel and hate BSNL...

When will BSNL overcome its shortcomings and come at par with its competitors like Airtel, Tata, or Reliance in providing broadband connection? Well let’s just leave reliance too, since they are equally bad.
Pros – BSNL has most widespread area coverage and feasibility
Cons – Poor service quality, Costly plans, Corrupt Linemen who only work if they get paid some amount, and sometimes even then they will not work.

The only reason I switched to BSNL was because Airtel was not available in my new locality.
Since I have mainly used Airtel (used for 3 years, then changed house in an area where feasibility was not there), I would like to compare all the Cons of BSNL which are actually strengths of Airtel.


Comparison point
Airtel
BSNL
New Connection process
Getting a new connection was so easy with Airtel; everything was done from home. All I had to do was raise a request on their website and next day I got a call and same day my documents were collected. And I got net within 3 days.
Even after 20 days, net has not been provided and getting landline connection was no easy process either.
Even though they have built a website and provided features like online lead request for new connection etc., these requests are not attended quickly. The webpages have JavaScript issues which cause failure in form submission multiple times. Finally, I had to visit a CSC and fill the form all over again. Then also, no one called for 1 week and only after going to CSC again some person was sent after 3-4 days to give the connection. That fellow only did the wiring and took money stating wire cost and work done by two people. Even then I had to call him multiple times to start the landline and net have not yet been activated.
Lineman / Service Quality
Trained Professionals.
The service people would always stick to their SLAs, spoke politely and NEVER ask for bribes. They were even ready to visit to rectify problems on times which suit the customers but were after their office hours. Biggest advantage is that all this service is free of cost from Airtel. No hidden cost.
Totally un-professional behavior. First they will work only from 10-5 from Mon-Sat, so most of us have to either take off or wait for Sat to let them in. Then also they need money just because they visited your place, irrespective of if the problem is rectified or not.
(I am thinking about filing a written complaint against them)
Lodging a Complaint for dead phone
You can raise request from Airtel mobile or any other mobile by calling customer care.
There are no customer care numbers which can be dialed from mobile. All numbers are given which can only be dialed from another BSNL landline phone.
Costly Plans
Since plans keep changing, so I will not quote any plan here. But Airtel provides same speed in almost half or three-fourth of the cost, compared to BSNL.
 
 
All in all…I just want to say that I miss you …my Airtel broadband. Next time when I switch house, I need to check the Airtel feasibility first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts with me. I genuinely request the visitors to not to use any fowl language even if you don't agree to my point of view.